GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:50:02 +0000
Mr. sanneh,

Thanks for the information. It is very dis-heartening to see how much of our
beaches have been washed away during the past few years particularly in
areas between the former muslim cemetry to Mile 2 central prisons.

Considering the collosal sum of money invoved (UA 15.12 million) and the
long timeframe for implementation (30 months), the project must be a very
big one indeed. Can you please shed more light on the implementation. You
mentioned that "Government opted for Option 1 for reasons of costs and
technical feasibility among other factors". This option, I presume, is
"beach restoration with sand from "external" source;". If indeed this is the
case, are we talking of importing sand, say from the Sahara desert or some
similar place or what? Your clarification would be much appreciated.

Have a very good day, Gassa.