GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Waggeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:20:44 -0500
Ro you got it rigth.I think that we need to dois to wait for 'Joe knows it
all'who feels that without him the country will not be redemmed.Amadou
never hide the fact that he was against the jammeh regime but then one does
not need to be a die on APRC or opposition supporter.If he had a hidden he
would have shyed away from the fact that he was once against jammeh.If
jammeh is not good enough or intelligent enough for the country atleast let
us have some good people to guide him.If jammeh bought animals,an aeroplane
and a bunch of others for himself from the government coffers,i believe
that it is not Mafy's or Amadou's duty to justify it. His day would come
and then he will account for all his deeds.Atleast lets give the man a
ch
ance.Could be he can advice the man to shy away from whatever he is
doing.
I can't understand how one can be your friend because you have the same
views.Friendship o acquiantace should be mutually exclusive form political
views.If he joined the APRC with a hidden agenda of serving himself alone
then let him live with his conscience.About  Baba and Yaya looting the
country.If the IMF forced Yaya to censor the central bank and threatening
him of a possible sanction.He could have not heeded to their advice and
then allow  IMF to sanction the country.Whether he used him as a scape goat
or anything atlaest he did what he was asked to do.We've seen countries
been sanctioned just because their presidents never did what they were
adviced to do.Lets give the devil his dues,Yaya migth have his own
problems,he migth be ignorant of some other things but then he is not the
selfish,self centred and egomaniac person you paint him.Some ti
mes one has
to have a conscience when saying some things.About me being conversant with
Mafy and Amadou's posting.The worst mistake a person can do is to jump into
conclusion.I migth joined the forum late but then i went through most if
not all the mails in the archives from inception to date. Some people are
working for the government not because they  are in support of Yaya's
policies or all that he does but then they are out there because they love
the country.What matters always is not money.Sacrifice sometimes does.And
there are some people who have that virtue though it is rear to come by.
From what you said Mafy was the engineer behind his appointment.How sure
are you?Is it because Amadou and Mafy are buddies? Is it because he
succeeded in attending 100 afra sessions?Please elaborate further or get
clarification from your insider We are dieing to know..Nobody with
conscience will support the murder of innocent kids.
Atleast he stood up
against it.Stop misinterpreting people's views.It is bad to jump into
conclusions without having the neccesary information to help you analyse
the persons' actions.
laters