GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:52:46 +0000
Edi, we are not going to cuddle this criminal, Joe Joof.  Joof and Jammeh
are both criminals and we are going to deal with both of them.  Forget about
TRC in Gambia.  We have to deal with these thugs in order to show any would
be criminals, what's in store for them.  In Europe and else where, they send
them away for life, however, in Africa we come up with TRC and all sorts of
excuses to avoid dealing with the root cause of the problem.  Folks, there
is no way around it, Joof, Jammeh, et al are going to be caged, that is, if
the ordinary Gambian will not rip them to shreads before hand.  history is
on our side.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: edi sossoeh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Is Joseph Joof sincere with Gambians? Part two.
>Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:42:47 +0000
>
>Note:  I agreed entirely with Joe Sambou and Sanusi Owens on your comments
>and contributions on my first write up about the failed AG.  Below is the
>part two of Gambia's most disgraceful AG.
>
>Joof is not only a stumbling block to the country's democracy, but as well
>threat to peace and freedom.  He was part of the Commission of enquiry,
>which was charged with the responsibility to probe into the  April 10 and
>11
>student unrest.   The Commission issued a report which indicted members of
>the security forces for the student  deaths and recommended for their
>possible prosecution.  The  daminig report was rejected by the Jammeh
>administration.    The government says the move was  meant to promote
>national reconciliation.  But it failed to realise that there cannot be
>reconciliation, without indicted parties seeking forgiveness to the breaved
>families.  This report in question was read out to the nation by Joof's
>predecessor Pap Cheyassin Secka, who was fired the same day.
>
>Greedy Joof was invited to replace his colleague.  He wasted no time in
>endorsing Jammeh's invitation.  With his presence at the AG'S Chambers,
>many
>Gambians thought that, the man who sat before the Commission will ensure
>that April 10 family members will receive justice withregards to their dead
>ones.  Alas this was never the case.  The traitor  instead advised the
>regime to indemnify those linked to the student deaths.  Despite local and
>international outcry, the rubber stamp Assembly wasted no time in enacting
>the draconian legislation.  Joof knows fully well that legislation will
>encourage impunity in the Gambia, but advised his boss to come up with it.
>This is clearly an intellectual dishonesty.   He has not only discredited
>the good job done by the commission, but as well as discrediting himself as
>a person.
>
>To justify my assertion that Joof is a traitor, i wish to cite a ploy he
>made to mastermine the sacking of a Sierralean high court judge.  He was
>the
>one behind the removal of justice Robin Cooker, after he raised false
>allegations of corruption and abuse of office.  At the time, knew that he
>was going to lose  a case involving one of his clients.  Inorder, to
>distroy
>the judge's  career he raised bogus accusation against the country's oldest
>and most ethical judge.  The dictatorial regime, which enjoys hiring and
>firing of judicial staff wasted no time in relieving the judge from his
>post.  Even though, there are lay down rules in the 1997 constitution,
>which
>spelt out the proceedure for removing judges, the government ignored the
> [...]

Send and receive larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es