GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 01:49:10 EDT
Ebrima, this is the typical modus operandi of an anarchist. When they cannot
keep up with people's arguments, they take the law into their own hands and
move the goalpost. Is this not the same AG that was saying that he could not
instigate the firing of members of the judiciary? We know that his ego must
have been shaken by the devastating defeat he suffered in court. But that
should not be a sufficient enough reason to drive UDP supporters and the
Gambian people at large to the wall. Our retaliation can be lethal. This
should be a time for introspection for the AG and not a time to blame other
people for his ineptitude. The simple truth is that he is trying to defend
an indefensible position; and doing so against the real McCoys. Lawyers that
do not take prisoners; they are merciless. The AG should move on. Drop this
case and concentrate on dispensing justice for the 15 innocent children that
lost their lives on April 10 and 11. How can he justify jailing 25 people
for the lawful execution of one person and refuse to prosecute anyone for
the murder of 15 children? We are encouraged by the piece of evidence your
source alluded to in your other email. We hope he/she is able to lay his/her
hand on it. Anything to lead us to the real perpetrators of the gruesome
massacres. Again, we join Colly and urge the opposition to stand firm and
make the massacre of our children their number one priority. To the AG, what
can I say? Take solace in the fact that you were beaten by the best in The
Gambia. Ebrima, thanks again for the great job you and your sources are
doing. We appreciate their efforts and we wish them well. Continue the
vigilance, but always be aware that you are dealing with animals. Do not
give them any chance to bite you.
KB