GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:38:43 +0000
Baba,
Once more allow me to extend to you and through you, all those involved with
the entire establishment of The Independent Newspaper, my unflinching moral
support, in this very trying moments. It is disturbing to note that your
enterprise has become the target of horrendous acts of brutality, which are
simply disregarded by those whose responsibilities hover around protecting
our persons and properties. Since the culprits of the first arson attack
against you are yet to be traced, it can be savely assumed that this one
will also never go beyond a case file.
The perpetraitors of these acts of cowardice shoulld be reminded the old
adage " nine days for the thief; but one fine day for the owner". Lies and
criminality are not sustainable because they would sooner than later, be
found out for what they are. Liars and criminals are in a perpetual struggle
to to cover up their acts, and that is the reason they are always kept on
their toes and looking behind them. But their proverbial "nine days" are not
eternity, and on that one " fine day" for the owner(s), they always regret
the mess of their former days. Being liars or criminals is expensive in the
long term, while being just or truthful less expensive and more rewarding in
the long term.
Some day in the not too distant future, through the grace of God, all your
pains and woes shall be remedied. That day, you shall be proud of recounting
these heinous acts meted out against you, while the criminals who have
committed them would have their heads lowered in shame and dust. I urge you
to take heart and remember that no situation is permanent, and that justice
shall eventually be done.
" The evil that men do, lives after them, ...". Without doubt they shall be
haunted, and perhaps hunted. Therefore they cannot forever escape the long
hands of justice!
Take heart, and be comforted!
Omar Joof.

>From: "Baba Galleh Jallow" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [>-<] Independent Press Torched
>Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:24:22 +0000

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*