GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:49:29 -0500
Lers,
What is wrong with Yanjuuba Touray,
It was written:
>The secretary of state for tourism and culture, Yankuba Touray who is also
> the APRC national mobiliser has said the APRC Government would not accept
> the on-spot counting:
First of all is it the APRC or the IEC to accept or not to accept on-spot
counting? But then again I forgot that we are in a dictatorial state and
fair and free elctions is not the issue---winning by whatever means
neccessary is what the corrupt government is after.
It is continued:
> in a nationwide election simply because it has a potential of causing
>trouble and that the cost involved was prohibited. He
> put the cost at over D8 million which he said would be better used on
> developmental projects like digging wells and building public institutions
> in the provinces.

What trouble are we talking about---MR. Touray please elaborate or better
yet let your cohorts on the L explain this to people like myself. All they
want is to rig the elections and the chances of this happening if an on spot
counting is in effect is very slim.

What is meant by the cost involved is prohibited---prohibited by who and for
what??? Is it Ok to spend millions in shopping sprees and medical visits to
the US when you have dem damn cuban Doctors at your disposal.
More:
>He said during the Jawara regime, elections were held without an
 independent electoral commission moreso the on --the- spot counting but
 those elections were acclaimed free and fair by the International
community.
Jawara was not known/seen or even thought of as being a dictator--if the
moron of Kaninlai was not a dictator and if he refrained from the 'six feet
deep' statement that he using non-hesitantly, the international
community would also acclaim that the upcoming elections will be free
and fair.

Then again, it's Yankuba we're talking about--I mean this guy went to the
point of saying the the mandinkas originated fromt he Jolas anyway--Oops,
there I go again--I am not in anyway trying to bring a tribal thing here--I
am merely stating the narrow-mindedness of this fool.

God Bless the Gambia and rid us of the Moron of Kaninlai & all his cohorts..
"natu la nyu yalla tek teh dina ko teegi"..
Ngai.