GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:17:37 +0000
Yus,

Whereas I will heed your counsel not to rejoice too soon, I just can't see
the opposition alliance, that you people so desperately want, finally
ccoming to fruition. I hate to tell you this but the diffrent parties in the
opposition all seem to be on parallel causes. I cannot just see them
converging despite all the efforts that some are genuinely trying to put
into it. And even when they do, the alliance may be based on such selfish
premises that the electorate will just be put off! The opposition may have a
few elected to the national assembly but the chances of them gathering a
combined total of more than 34% in the presidential elections seems
unlikely.

Have a good day, Gassa.