GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 21:05:32 EDT

CNN
Filed Under: _Elections News_ (http://news.aol.com/elections/john-mccain) ,
_Hillary Clinton_ (http://news.aol.com/elections/hillary-clinton)

(May 26) - Former President Bill Clinton said that  Democrats were more
likely to lose in November if Hillary Clinton is not the  nominee, and suggested
some were trying to "push and pressure and bully"  superdelegates to make up
their minds prematurely.

"I can't believe it.  It is just frantic the way they are trying to push and
pressure and bully all  these superdelegates to come out," Clinton said at a
South Dakota campaign stop  Sunday, in remarks first reported by "ABC News."

Clinton also suggested  some were trying to "cover up" Sen. Clinton's chances
of winning in key states  that Democrats will have to win in the general
election.

Photo Gallery

Carson Walker, AP

Bill Clinton
Sees Conspiracy
1 of 7
(http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/bill-clinton-alleges-cover-up/20080526155309990001?icid=1615934835x1203050500x1200308079#)
(http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/bill-clinton-alleges-cover-up/20080526155309990001?i
cid=1615934835x1203050500x1200308079#)

Former President Bill  Clinton, campaigning for his wife in South Dakota,
said Sunday that she was the  victim of a conspiracy. He said some were trying to
"cover up" Hillary Clinton's  chances of winning in key states that Democrats
will have to win in the general  election.

" 'Oh, this is so terrible: The people they want her.  Oh, this is so
terrible: She is winning the general election, and he is not. Oh  my goodness, we
have to cover this up.' "

Clinton did not expound on who  he was accusing.

The former president added that his wife had not been  given the respect she
deserved as a legitimate presidential  candidate.

"She is winning the general election today and he is not,  according to all
the evidence," Clinton said. "And I have never seen anything  like it. I have
never seen a candidate treated so disrespectfully just for  running."

"Her only position was, 'Look, if I lose I'll be a good team  player. We will
all try to win, but let's let everybody vote, and count every  vote,' " he
said.

The former president suggested that if the New York  senator ended the
primary season with an edge in the popular vote, it would be a  significant
development.

"If you vote for her and she does well in  Montana and she does well in
Puerto Rico, when this is over she will be ahead in  the popular vote," Clinton
said.

"And they're trying to get her to cry  uncle before the Democratic Party has
to decide what to do in Florida and  Michigan," which Clinton said the party
would need to do "unless we want to lose  the election."

The current requirement to claim the Democratic  presidential nomination is
2,026 delegates, a formula that does not take into  account delegates from
Florida and Michigan, whose contests were not sanctioned  by the party because
they moved them up earlier on the primary  calendar.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい