GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:22:28 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/01 5:35:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> .
>
> I am willing for a compromise, but I will always  evaluate
>  the characters of the selected few, who have placed a
>   palace coup.  If you believe in democracy, you
> must then evaluate the whole process in its entirety.
>
> I seek no cabinet position in the post jammeh era, whether
> from the UDP/PPP/Assan Musa alliance, or the NCP/NRP alliance.
> I will turn down any offer.  The right to serve belongs to
> Gambians in The Gambia.  I am an independent thinker. I am
> not worried about any individual who questions my character.
> I remember a good sermon from the late Imam Lamine Bah of
> Banjul, and it says: "be truthful to people."  I cannot lie
> or pretend to be one that I am not.  I am my own person.  I
> seek guidance from Allah.  May we find salvation?
>
> Naphiyo,

Conteh,

It could not have been said any better, and i share exactly the same
sentiments. May Allah help all of us to be truthful, sincere, and to work for
the greater good always, and not for special interest which helps a selected
few, but does irreparable harm to one and all in the long run, and will
continue to be  a tumbling block to the achievement of truely controlling our
own destiny and securing a future that gives all of us a fair shake always,
no matter to which party we pledge our allegiances.

Jabou Joh