GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
landing sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 02:05:35 +0200
G-Lers,

This is yet another setback in the developmental pattern of our beloved Nation,which needs to be unanimostly condemned.We cannot afford to nurture and condone such a barbaric and cowardish act.There is no room for such an act in a civilised society and l only hope that the state would do everything at her disposal to bring the culprints to justice.Both the Government and the Gambian people must cherish the rule of law,or else we are doom.We must put our faith in the judiciary system,and jelously guide our rights as enshrine in our constitution.It is we who create and own our justice system,and it is we who should make sure that it works by our collective will.

Jammeh and his regime are not the owners of the Gambia,but entrusted caretakers,who are betraying the collective will of the majority of the Gambian people who elected them as trustees.Gambians did not elect Yaya to be a dictator,murderer,squanderer of public funds and sponsorer of state terrorism.It is his own choice or desire and it is the duty of those who elected him to rectify their mistakes in the common interest of our Nation state.
Meanwhile,we the ordinary people who did not contribute to the wishes of the majority has yet to rely on and strenghten our available democratic institutions and the judiciary for redress.Let us all strive for an independent judiciary system and a national assembly that lives to its expectations.It is only through such institutions that we can put an end to future dictators and corrupt murderers from sneaking to the top and seizing power from the people.

I am joining the G-lers to wish Mr Christensen,yet another victim,a speedy recovery,and beg fellow Gambians to desist from violence.I strongly condemn this cowardish act against an innocent man,who is just contributing his quota to our National Development.

Praises are due to our ancestors!!
Landing Alkalo Sanyang.