GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:10:33 -0400
Gassama, if your last piece is aimed at justifying the ‘coup’ then you have
woefully failed again. You think you are talking to people that NEVER lived
in Gambia. Are you all right?  Your difficulty is that you do NOT have the
wherewithal to rewrite history. I will NOT even respond to the upper part of
your garbage. Your lies are talking about an era I have very little interest
in. Save to shatter any justification for the illegal usurpation of power by
a bunch of bandits, we are looking forward. We want a Gambia we have never
seen before. You can remain in your daydream imagining horrors and that you
were a nonentity during the previous regime. We are looking for a new
leadership and a new Gambia with real professionals and NOT mediocre mines
like yours that need praise-singing to keep a job.

Suffice for me to refer you to the Famara Jatta piece which you yourself
posted to G_L. Even Famara Jatta does NOT love AFPRC/APRC that much to lie
about the Jawara record the way you are lying about their record. Famara
Jatta had the decency to point out that our economy and our people were
doing great until 1994 when a bunch of thugs stole power from a
democratically elected government and attracted sanctions to our country.
Why you decided to ignore that from your own camp (Famara Jatta) and instead
lie about the Jawara regime, is just mind-boggling to me. You CANNOT even
begin to justify the criminal activities of these vermin. They took our
people from the frying pan to the fire. Your own figures (not mine) show
that our people got worse off under Yaya’s watch. Without those statistics,
one just have to look at the exchange rate of the dalasi and the price of
commodities in the country to know that people have grown poorer under
AFPRC/APRC. Before this regime took over (illegally) Gambian farmers have
NEVER gone destitute because they could not sell their groundnuts. That has
NEVER happened in the country before. Those are some of the realities you
CANNOT do anything about. No matter what daydreaming you do; no matter how
many lies you decide to tell, fact remain that the AFPRC/APRC failed the
majority of our people (the farmers). Why? Because thugs like Baabaa Jobe
were left to determine the fate of our groundnut industry.

You move from the groundnut industry, your own stats again (Famara Jatta)
said that the tourism industry declined 70% after the AFPRC/APRC took over.
To break it down to your level. We were now earning 30 bututs for every one
dalasi we use to earn.

You move away from that industry. According to Famara Jatta, 90% of our
development budget comes from grants and loans. After the ‘coup’ we lost 50%
of those grants and loans. When you are faced with these stats, you CANNOT
escape the obvious. This is a recipe for acute poverty. What this adds up
to, is render the majority of Gambians destitute under AFPRC/APRC watch.

To add insult to injury, the vermin brutalize our people and slaughter our
children. But they do NOT stop there. They steal our meager resources to
open Swiss Bank accounts and send their wives to America for shopping sprees
and to have babies. Shameless characters.

Gassama, the fact that you are a sycophant just after favors from this
illegal government, is beyond question in my mind. The pity is that you
caught up to this shameless modus operandi years after people like Tombong
perfected the art. Lie about the Jawara regime and get rewarded by
AFPRC/APRC. We know how the game is played. Some of us just don’t want to
stoop that low. We can make it without favors from some High School
drop-outs. But one day, you will all account for your lies. Do you know how
stupid you sound when you say that certain types of education was a
privilege accorded to a chosen elite in the Jawara regime; in the same piece
you turn around and boast of having that education; to top it off, you then
argue that you were not among the chosen elite. So how did you get what you
got? Either you are lying about your education or you are imagining this
thing about a chosen elite in the country or you are lying when you said
that you were not benefiting from the system. Which is which?

You know you CANNOT survive outside your little enclave in Gamtel. Like I
said, Bakary Njie should have sacked you for using Gamtel time to come to
G_L and argue as Kebba Jobe. Bakary Njie should have sacked you for lying on
G_L about Darboe’s relationship with Gamtel. You know you CANNOT survive in
an environment where mediocrity does NOT rule. If you start bragging about
being a stellar engineer, your credential becomes game. You force people to
start talking about your record and your habits (both professional and
social). I will let this one slide, but next time you make these silly
comments to impress Yaya, I will pounce on you. There are a lot of questions
about your mental state of mind.
KB