GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:35:21 EDT

So yarray sa mbeur, balai daan kenna, Daan la.

Haruna.

In a message dated 7/31/2008 1:53:00 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

http://www.gainako.com/

Jammeh's notorious broom is  taking a new direction now, i.e. turning its
aggressive whooping lashes  towards the SIC membership. Religious tolerance,
acceptance and recognition is  a MUST, the same way that racial/tribal/cultural
recognition is a MUST as  exemplafied by the holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The
latest from Jammeh proves  to all and sundry that Jammeh's state of mind is
truly questionable and  unstable.

The saying that 'what goes around comes around' is a  living utterance. For
too long, some of the SIC members hasn't condemned  Jammeh's outrageous deeds.
Imams and priests are also guardians of  communities. In their sermons, it
should reflect the daily occurences within  the regions, especially oppression on
the innocent citizenry which marred the  Gambian state since Jammeh's
emmergence to power . Failure to do so,  terror  will creep further not only at
silencing their voices but also  lash them with the scary electric broom.

I only hope Gambians  and their friends in all works of lives will begin to
take charge of their  destiny, instead of waiting till Jammeh's aggression gets
to them. I would  perfectly think 'prevention is better than cure.'  In our
hal pular  culture, I often heard an idiomatic expression, thus: "If it takes
you long to  cry or shed tears, start pulling your facial muscles before
getting to the  funeral of a love  one."

Wasalam,
YJ