GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:57:44 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, has come from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I think it is about time we, Gambians, took the dictator of Kanilai to a
psychiatrist to find out whether he is mentally stable or not. I bet if
Yahya Jammeh was taken to a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist would confirm
that the guy is mental or insane. Ebrima, after harassing Baba Galleh Jallow
and Yorro Jallow of the Independent Newspaper all these days, in order to
check their nationality, the butcher of Kanilai has also instructed the
Immigration Department to investigate the origins of Deyda Hydara of the
Point newspaper. Yahya has now come to the conclusion that the Gambia, under
him, cannot be stable and tranquil if the Independent and The Point
newspapers were still operational. His task now is to try and "close or
paralyse" both the Independent and The Point newspapers by the deporting
their editors. He is also worried that Baboucarr Gaye of Citizen FM has won
his court case. He even inquired from both the Secretary General and the
troubled AG about the possibility of sacking Judge Wallace Grante. Anyway,
I'll inform the L before hand if anything dramatic would happen to Wallace
Grante. However, in this piece, I am writing to inform you that an
Immigration officer will be surreptitiously dispatched to Mauritania by
Yahya on a fact finding mission: In other words to investigate the origins
of Deyda Hydara of the Point with a view to deporting him there. Ebrima,
Yahya Jammeh has lied by saying that he was "reliably informed" that Deyda's
parents were actually from Mauritania. So if this mad regime can establish
that Deyda has some Mauritanian links, then they plan to deport him to
Mauritania. Ebrima, as I said before, Jammeh is now convinced that for him
to rule the Gambia peacefully, Baba Galleh and Deyda in particular, must be
deported from the Gambia. Anyway, after the Immigration officer's trip to
Mauritania, the government plans to interrogate Deyda. Maybe, if we expose
it on the L, that can help the situation. Thanks and may God save the
Gambia.