GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:17:15 -0500
Gassama, you are just one pathetic and shameless loser. The beauty about G_L
is that there is an archive here. LIARS do not say things today and tomorrow
touch the moon and say that they never said it. I know you are adept at
digging archives. You always dig my posts and yours you think can contradict
me. Needless to say, you are always disappointed in your pursuits.

Look at you in your post pretending ignorance of FACTS you were totally
aware of two months ago. You wrote: “was there ever a press release from the
government explaining whether he [the EU rep.] was expelled or not? I seem
to recall that when he was allegedly expelled from the country, with barely
a few months only left of his tenure, he was said to be on holidays back
home. At the time I thought it was very odd expelling someone whose tenure
had almost ended.” Emphasis mine.

Vintage selective amnesia. I will remind you herein exactly what you
‘thought at the time’ of the EXPULSION and also ‘de-cloud’ your foggy brain
about whether the man was expelled or not. [But you have to work with me and
sober up before reading and reacting to this mail]. I will do so using your
own words and those of your side-kick Essa (snob) Sey.

When your illegal government DECIDED to expel the EU rep. I sent here a mail
castigating them for their childish and illogical move. Others made comments
regarding this matter on G_L. Gambian newspapers and media in general
criticized the government for the erratic move. Guess who was defending this
indefensible action, even more than Yaya was defending this silly move? You
are right; it is you, Gassama. Remember who wrote this: “Dampha, the
illusion that, without western aid we will not survive was shattered way
back in 1994/95 when they did their worst. They imposed sanctions on us,
paralysed our tourism industry and guess what; we survived it. The EU and
the US are only returning part of what they stole from us in the first
place; and like it or not, this government will not tolerate or accept any
foreign government or individual to lord it over us. No, we will not accept
it. Our sovereignty is not for sale or bargain.”

Gassama, do you now remember how you were defending the irrational DECISION
to expel the EU rep. Because the government felt that the man was
disrespecting them? Remember how you argued with Ebrima Sillah (BBC). If you
thought the decision to expel the man was odd, as you put it, you surely
kept your thoughts to your self. Or are we experiencing a flip-flop? At the
time, you thought it was a great idea to expel the man because Yaya says he
is disrespecting the illegal APRC government. You are LYING when you now try
to say that the man was not expelled and you thought at the time that the
man’s expulsion was irrational (odd). The exact opposite is the truth. We,
in the Opposition, were the ones saying that it was stupid to expel the man.
You were staking the opposite position; i.e. it was justified to expel the
man.

I even remember that a mental midget like Essa (snob) Sey tried to rein you
in by telling you that it was ridiculous to say that Gambia does NOT need
the EU. He told you that: “Of course no gvt whether African or not will say:
"i do not need the EU!" No! because its a body and a force to reckon with.”
Essa (snob) Sey who is even more knowledgeable than you are in these matters
never attempted to deny that your government expelled the EU rep. Now, we
have you pretending that the man was not expelled and the press was
reporting false statements when in fact the man was on vacation. You are
just a shameless character. What prompts you to disgrace yourself like this?
Are you well? Frankly, this is not a rhetorical question. You must be very
sick to be engaged in such an acute form of sycophancy.

Let me quote you Essa (snob) Sey: “Gassa, the source of the decision that
sent Marc out stems from recommendations received from our own mission in
Belgium (according to the stories we saw on the media and elsewhere within
the circles of Banjul's administration).  Contrary to any other decision at
least this one
has got all professional components together and an explanation has been
forwarded to the public.” Do you remember reading this statement from Essa
(snob) Sey (a top foreign service civil servant)? I thought back in Banjul
you guys know everything and us in the Diaspora do not know what is going on
on the ground? Were you not a member of the public that received an
‘explanation’ for the decision to expel the rep.? How could you miss the
fact that the man was expelled and was not on vacation? Even after Essa
(snob) Sey gave you information that was not readily available in the press
in Banjul, you still want to plead ignorance. Goes to reaffirm my belief
that when you come to G_L, you do NOT come with your sober cap on.

I know I already proved my point to you that you are a LIAR and you are
trying hard to spin the latest gaffe of this illegal government. But, for
fun, I will give more Essa (snob) Sey excerpts on this matter. One thing we
got to give the guy is that he is really comical. Here goes: “Lets also
remember that; its a case affecting Marc (as a profesional who's accused of
being biased and not harbouring any respect for the authorities of his host
country) that is being treated via the codes of conduct as stipulated in the
regulations governing the (EU officials-host countries relations). Therefore
branding the host gvt's move as childish etc would not help the situation
either. The EU bureacracy
shuns any EU official whose found to be discharging his or her duties with
disrespect to the authorities of any host country! The body is very much
sensitive to such behaviour. Until the outcome of the committee thats
charged with the responsibility of looking into the above expulsion comes
out with a statement on behalf of the EU, my position on the above is
nothing else other than that of the Mandingo
proverb "n'ganna baal dundi leh".Direct translation "my goats are kept at
home"-meaning i reserve my opinion for a while.” I miss Essa (snob) Sey’s
irrational rattling.

Gassama, the moral here is that in any serious government, someone would
have lost his/her job for being a knucklehead. Everybody that signed on this
DECISION to expel the EU rep. Should have been out of a job by now. Those
are the civil servants that should be dismissed, and NOT people like you
because you are not singing APRC praises. From day one we told you that it
was a childish and an irrational decision. The proof is now here. You
yourself are trying to distance yourself from a decision you
enthusiastically endorsed (even more than mandarins like Essa (snob) Sey).
We told you that it did NOT make any sense to expel someone who barely a
year prior to his expulsion brought in more than $12 million to help our
ailing groundnut industry. This man does more to help that industry than all
the mental midgets running our country put together. The mental midgets, on
the other hand, are STEALING from us. Here was another missed opportunity
for you to be honest for once and tell the people that were responsible for
this decision to expel the man that it was a bone-headed move. But no! You
will remain in denial and come here to pretend, hoping that no one will
notice. As I told you yesterday, G_L will NOT serve as a refuge for you.

I hope Gambians learn from this fiasco that the morons running our country
put in jeopardy the aid that is meant for the country. We do NOT need these
infantile policies in our foreign relations. This again shows that our
foreign policy is in a ‘state of flux’. These people were prepared to
deprive Gambians of hundreds of millions of dalasis in aid simply because
this is NOT the kind of aid money they can steal and put in private Swiss
bank accounts. Gambians should be glad that the EU stood firm and refused to
recall their diplomat and the EU is committed to helping the Gambian poor.
This aid has NOTHING to do with this illegal government. Left to them alone,
Gambians can starve. Always remember that these are the very people that
sanction the slaughter of innocent and defenseless Gambians.
KB