GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:30:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 7:40:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Ousman Sabally, a Senior Master and teacher at St. Augustine's secondary
 school in Banjul has sued the IGP, the Interior Secretary and the Attorney
 General for injuries and special damages.
************************************
I am glad to hear that Ousman Sabally is suing these people for this lawless
act of banditry which has unfortunately become the order of the day in The
Gambia these days.
People have to start standing up for their rights under this regime, and we
pray that the ladies and gentlemen who are the caretakers of our justice
system will have the courage to let jusice prevail and not demonstrate the
lack of courage and responsibility to the Gambian people that the ladies and
gentlemen who were to take up the hearing on the oil scandal did.
At any rate, the final victory for Mr Mbye Gaye which was long overdue is an
encouraging sign that there are members of our judicial system who refuse to
be used as tools  to twist the law.

Jabou Joh

Jabou Joh