GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Madiba K. Saidy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:14:08 -0700
Bro. Mansour,

I do know that parents as well as teachers have an obligation to ensure
that their children and students observe simple dress codes.  However,
AIDS is a more serious epidemic and requires a more proactive and
preventive approach rather than reducing it to the banning of miniskirts.

Remember that the female pupils are victims of child-molesters in the garb
of educators. Why can't the government enact laws to curb this shameful
practice? I know of two instances (and I'm sure you do as well) involving
two predatory perverts who were transfered to another school for having a
sexual relationship with their female students. Guess what happened to
their victims? Expelled! Is that justice? Is that a deterrent? So, my
brother, miniskirt or no miniskirt, some teachers will continue to
look upon their female students as "fringe benefits". That is a bigger
problem!

Best regards,

Madiba.
PS: Extend my regards to Omar and his woman.