GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:20:04 -0400
Mr. Sanneh:

I have felt for a longtime that most Western Media outlets, including
the BBC, benefit financially from their biased reporting on Africa and
other so-called "Third World", "Developing" countries.  In fact, the
"news" headlines in these media outlets chronicle one "problem" spot
after another without providing a balanced context. What is reported of
these countries is often gloomy. In the end, the impression they create
is both misleading and negative, while "news" items in the West are
often balanced and positive. At the domestic level minority communities
in the West are poorly potrayed in the media. In a nutshell, Western
Media outlets in general, harbor all the hang-ups, prejudices and racism
of their white supremacist societies.

Thanks for your postings.

Abdoulaye