GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alhaji Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:25:15 -0400
Mr Darbo,

I wish I could share in your enthusiasm in regards to Dadis Camara. Unfortunately, and
like Mr Sanneh, I have serious reservations when it comes to military men and
government in Africa. Of all the military coups led by military men in Africa, very few of
them fulfill what they promise. Yaya also had his "patriotic" group that begged him to
stay. He initially pretended as if he was not interested but for the "love" of his country,
he decided to stay on.

For the sake of the people of Guinea, I hope and pray that Dadis is the actual "soldier
with difference" as Yaya and his folks initially proclaimed.

By the way, Yaya branched Military Police (MP) and not infantry. He went to Fort Mclellan,
AL  ( Yaya calls it Port Mclellan) for the MP Officer Basic Course. Just thought I would
point that out.

Lastly Mr Darbo, I find your take on issues interesting and your arguments very
interesting even when I dont agree with some of them. Thank you for your insights.

Saidy

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい