GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:53:35 EDT
Jabou,
    You have read well into the mindset of the dictatorship. Please continue
the good work. Like you, I'm having equal difficulty of reconciling my
pacifism with trying to see an end to the tyrannous and murderous regime in
Kaninlai even it is now becoming clear that Jammeh wants war not peace. One
thing though now clear to me is that, force should not completely be ruled
out once ample evidence exists that he blatantly rigs the coming general
election. We must not adopt pacifism at all cost and at all times. When we
are left with no choice but force, then constructive force should be adopted
by well meaning professionals to rescue our hijacked country.
Have a good start to the week.
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh