GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gai-Baldeh, M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:40:00 EST
Tombong,
the fact that Ka has returned to his roots (PS) does not necessarily mean the
switch of 7% in the primary election to the second round. Ka's return to the
to the PS can and will in fact, have a negative impact on Joof's 41% score.
What were you to think of Ka if say, you had voted for him in the first
round? The "devil we know is better than the one we dont know" does not seem
to have room in politics. However, it is applicable in Sir Dawda's case. If
we had known, we would have kept him.
I think Ka is nothing less than an opportunist -- a keeless ship blown hither
and thither by tidal winds of chance and change. Needless to mention, this is
the style of almost all African politicians. hardly is there any politician
in that continent into politics for the interest and good of its people.

It even becomes more obvious, when people leave the barracks and step into
politics.
I owe an apology to the late Thomas Sankara, the only military officer decent
enough to deliver his promise to his people.

Its a shame to this so-called African Leaders - we are tired of hearing
rumors of their foreign bank accounts. Why are African leaders keeping bank
accounts overseas? Why build up capital for the Western World and go back to
them on your knees asking them to reinvest your resources to your country?
stupid! Isn't it?
Let these politicians STOP preaching 'Development,' 'Development' and let
them take time to understand what the economic term embraces.
CALL YOUR ACCOUNTS BACK HOME TO GAMBIA AND SENEGAL

Gai