GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:50:50 -0500
Amadou Janneh:

For your information, I have not only read the statement attributed to Rep
Johnny Ford in the Wednesday issue of the Daily Observer, but more
importantly, I have listened to Rep Ford deliver the same statement to GRTS
after his audience with Yahya Jamnmeh. So what "secondary source" are you
talking about? You might not have heard him talk, but I have heard
Representative Ford make these comments on GRTS.

Therefore, he cannot tell me that he was misquoted or that he did not utter
these remarks. He made the comments, but that does not mean that he is a bad
person.

Clearly, what some of these people need is education/enlightenment on what
is really going on in the Gambia, and this is exactly what I intend(ed) to
do. The hearts of those among them whose conscience is clear can be won and
those whose conscience is not clear can continue to support Jammeh at their
own peril.

Ebrima Ceesay