GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:29:04 -0800
Hello Sir,
            Thank you for your usual supportive moves.By the way I had a very matured private conversation with Koto Oko and I found in him a matured person who has a wide horizon of experience.Koto should be supported by everyone so that he could succeed in handling all that he is doing in the field of arts.I did not Know that you were one of Koto's 44 foot ball players!!!!(laugh). Moreover I was scared(laugh) because he is an uncle too for the fact that he is very close to my uncles from Kuntaya.I was also equally amazed to hear Koto Oko talk about Baria a village in Jokadu and other places.I have never been to Baria myself.I do agree that he is a force to reckon with as far as the promotion of Gambian,art,history and literature is concerned.
Anyway all that happened thanks to your matured guidance as usual.
Culturally we are obliged to respect our elders therefore Koto and yourself deserve that treatment from people like me.I will also ask him to help me get something that he produced ie CDS etc so that I can listen to it on weekends(laugh).
I would also appreciate receiving the old Guellewaar cassettes from your end if you have them in stock.I used to like peeping through the window at ARMITAGE HIGH SCHOOL'S ASSEMBLY HALL when they came there helping us raise funds.I can still rmember Oussou Lion Njie beating the drums and father Mose,Lie and others were singing and chorussing.The sound that I can recall is BAMBA BOJANG and TAGUNAA M'BAAR...Have I got it right?-laugh!
Anyway life is full of nostalgic feelings! These are poeple that we are obliged to promote and support because they are our Bob Marleys,Isaac Hayes and the like.
Essa.

Think before you sink!
"Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity and optimists see an opportunity in every challenge"
"Suits cannot be made without scissors and niddles,so decent minds disagree to agree"