GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mori Kebba Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 14:40:18 -0500
Gambia L,
This reports coming from home is very troubling indeed. Is this the
beginning of what we will be seeing during the forthcoming elections in the
Gambia? I think Gambian people have had enough of hooliganism perpetrated by
the Gambian government.I am sure those who carried out the attack were
acting on the supervision from the highest authority.

I believe the wisest thing for the government to do, is to bring those
people who are responsible for this barbaric attack to book. Any person
associated with it should be fully prosecuted. Gambia is a country of laws
and people should not flout those laws with impunity and expect to go scot
free.

But why the UDP? Is this because it is the heir apparent party for the
Gambia which the government and its supporters felt so much fearful to the
extent that they chose to take the law into their own hands? I would like to
see and hear a repudiation of this act by all opposition parties in the
Gambia. Yaya and his government must realize that no amount of intimidation
will slow the cause of democracy. We have all now realized that Gambia has
had enough during your leadership. Many lives had been lost for no credible
reason, political repression as well as unprecedented corruption. If you
continue to rule the Gambia with arrogance you should  beware that you are
only endangering your life and legacy. Remember one day you will answer
questions to God and Gambians for whatever happen under your watch.

Mori Kebba Jammeh