GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gai, M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 05:26:53 EDT
Elhajj Mustapha,
Thanks a lot for your email -- you sound like a very good and peace loving
gentleman.
Elhajj, I have no doubt that Gambians all over, would welcome every bit of
information they can get against Yayya's regime provided that such info will
enhance the gathering of competent, sufficient and powerful evidence.
Gambians with information are therefore urged to come forward. However, it
should be made clear that no amount of info can exonerate any one member of
the regime from legal action for crimes committed. Elhajj, a crime is a crime
no matter how you look at it.

Elhajj Mustapha, unfortunately I do not know the people you mentioned in your
email nor have I established enough about the alleged $3 wiped off our
people. What I do remember is someone in that regime diverted government
funds earmarked for the purchase of some merchandise overseas. Let's hope
that this rumor is not true but if it is, the consequences will be very
severe. We should be as concerned about this amount of money as we are with
the April 10 & 11 school children massacre. Have no doubt, Gambians will get
to the bottom of this when the time is right.

Gai