GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Manneh PF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:34:29 -0700
Ous, i agree with you that the selection of Darboe as a presidential
candidate and the whole opposition alliance process does not conform to
basic democratic principles. These folks need to reconvene this meeting and
work on a memorandum of understanding which shall clearly define all
expectations and functionaries.
Finally, it is not my style to launch personal attacks on people on this
list but Bro. Ous, SM Dibba is not to be trusted anymore. This guy, with all
the national and international respect and reputation, remains quite
throughout president Jammeh's tenure of office. Look at what OJ did to fight
against a presidential degree banning former politicians. SM cannot even
stand for his own rights, you think he is going to suffer for anybody. The
least he could have done was to sue the state. I rather go with OJ than him.
Excuse my language, but among all the attendance in that meeting, Darboe was
the best out of ordinary.
I am sure Jammeh is HAPPY.
Cheer
Lamin PF Manneh