GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 23:29:47 +0100
Edie, what you didn't make clear is where you stand with the reveal books of God. what religion you follow if any. because if you talk in general terms, we cannot find any way forward. i write from a perspective of a Muslim. if you believe in the validity and truthfulness of the Quran or the bible then, that is the starting point for your quest for clarity. what others say and do shouldn't matter to you. the quran is translated in English with commentaries. the bible likewise. the sayings of the prophet Muhammad is also translated in English. many people accept islam's teachings without discussing with any muslim. they only read the quran. some people also read the bible to be convince. don't worry about me, i am enjoying the exchange.
  what our people believe or say about the Arabs shouldn't be of any problem.
  with masoud, this is a serious conversation. if you find it funny, even more interesting.
  one thing i would like make clear is that, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BLAME THE SATAN FOR OUR ERRORS OR SINS. WE ARE GIVEN A WILL-POWER. AN INTERNAL WARNING SYSTEM THAT TELL US WHEN WE ARE ERRING.
  the Satan is around. god only warns us about his existence and his manipulations. if we decided to invite him into our life's by doings thing that pleases him ,it is our choice.
  we are all adults. we know when we are making mistakes.
  i frimly believe that many understood the context i put the examples in so i don't need to go over them.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Suntou, you are a very funny man. I just want you to know that.

[God is not doing any research on us.] Suntou.

How do you know that???

[he already new what you haruna will do from when your were a toddler to
when you die even before that.] Suntou.

And yet She tests me if I will do exactly what She knew I would do. Then
She destroys her own creation just to take inventory of what I had done from
birth to death to evaluate her own hypotheses.

I guess we are prototypes of what She really intended to create on account
of out genetic uniquenesses.

[Edie claims that he believe in God but he is confuse about certain things.]
Suntou.

Me too. Masoud. But I'm not confused about divine research.

[The Satan blames man for his fall from grace and he is doing all he can for
us too to incur the rapt of our creator.] Suntou.

Sounds like Shaitan's personal problem doesn't it?? And who created
Shaitan??? I won't be bothered by Shaitan. I got my own problems.

[it's like the Mandingo saying ,bonoto kalafi anyun lella. a loser always
wish for more losers.] Suntou.

Misery loves company.

[the Satan knows God very well. that is why when man sins he confess to not
having any thing to do such a person. The Satan's problem is arrogance and
pride.] Suntou.

Again Suntou, it sounds like Shaitan's personal problems to me.

[all man has to do is obey the commandments. the blue prints for our way to
God is stated in his commandments. but since God knew what every man is going
to do, we are only fulfilling a that knowledge not changing it or altering
it.] Suntou.

Exactly. I obey the ten commandments of Moussa. But God/Allah is still
conducting research on me for her own purposes. I obey the ten commandments
because my parents taught me, and because they make sense for harmonious
co-existence with my fellow man. I don't do it because I am a subject of God/Allah's
research. For I am not aware of divine process there-in.

[we decide through our actions were our final destiny lies.] Suntou.

A final destiny that was pre-destined and chosen for us. How do you know I
wouldn't like to choose another destiny different from Heaven or Hell???

[if you take God's words to be just fables, well and good, if you take them
seriously again well and good.] Suntou.

Focus Suntou. You are digressing. We are not talking about God/Allah's words
simply because people place their own interpretations on such. What we want
to know is whether God/Allah is conducting research on us from your
impression that She created us, created Shaitan, evicted us from Janna because we
mis-behaved, led astray by Shaitan, placed us on earth to test us further, will
recall us for judgement and inventory, will either place us in Hell or Heaven,
continue to monitor us. What I wanna know is when will the research end????

[the message is clear. that is do good and give God his dues and you will
attain eternal bliss.] Suntou.

Speak for yourself. Eternal bliss = research ad-infinitum. I look forward
eagerly to the yield of such perpetual research.

[the basic requirement from us is to know God in the correct way, conduct
the basic worship and live with him in mind.] Suntou.

Yes. And She will determine if we have done exactly what She had ordained.

[if that is too difficult to comprehend then, we may analyse our respective
field of expertise and see who is wrong.] Suntou.

That wouldn't be necessary. It is not about who is wrong or right when it
comes to divinity. It is about whether you have God/Allah in you.

[i will take Baba galeh here for instance, he is a great bloke, and
intelligent fellow and highly qualified human being. yet he didn't say, i am bless
with intelligence let me relax in Farafeni and my intelligence will guide me.
he worked hard in school. he knew the field he is most capable of and he
directed his energy on that path. he is already with a masters degree and has
worked for high profile organisations. isn't that enough endeavour? to him no, he
is now pursuing a doctorate degree. why is Baba doing all that? is it easy
attaining a masters degree? no. how many hours do one has to put in to get such
a high level education.? now coming to our other brother Lamin J Darboe. he
is a very intelligent brother whose intelligence was well known before he
left the Gambia. he attain the highest level of law studies in the u.s. he is a
barrister. but did Mr Darboe just accept his intelligence and sit at home? he
worked hard for all he achieve. likewise many brothers and
sisters study the things that interest them. God did not tell us to do those
studies. we knew it will help us in our future careers. we want the best in
life.] Suntou.

Suntou, have you bothered to ask Galleh and JDAM why they are doing what
they do???? And what does that have to do with God/Allah conducting research on
them unawares????

[In our every day life, God is present with us in his knowledge. he is not
dictating to us what to do. he send us our constitution and guide, his words
through a man from among us. this man deliver the message of God. just like any
speaker, we are entitle to say, what a load of rubbish or what a waste of
time you are.
if one wants to understand the message of God, you take time and analyse his
messages in the books containing them, if you still think the messages are
vake, then consult the experts in that field, just like we consult legal
advisers, accountants, coaches, teachers, doctors, etc. we cannot have an excuse
in the hereafter.] Suntou.

You are all over the place. Suntou, are you now wanting to rephrase your
supposition that God/Allah evicted from heaven because Shaitan enticed us into
evil so we can continue to be tested here on earth for the later reckoning for
inventory sakes to continue being subjects of research in heaven or hell as
will be determined by God/Allah????

[God told people in the Quran, " won't you ponder over the message i reveal
to you?"] Suntou.

I did. And I continue to do that.

[He also told us to look into our own creation, there is a lesson for those
who think. the anatomy of man is full of what amaze us every single day. the
Satan is only there to distract us. we as men let him have control over us, we
let him rule us. the Satan has his own kingdom. he rule over the jinns and
men who obey him. he gave his followers things that they should have to wait
for.] Suntou.

And God/Allah created us, Saitan, and all the jinns.

[the confusion over the messengers is all man's determination to live the
way he deem fit. a close example is when we have elected members representing us
in government. we expect this people to do what we voted them to do.]
Suntou.

Forget the messengers and the representatives of govt. we voted for or will
vote for. What does that have to do with God/Allah??? It seems to me these
folk have their own deamons and personal problems they must account for. That is
why we prosecute them here on earth before they answer to their creator for
the other side of double jeopardy.

[but this men later becomes more powerful than us. they rather tell us what
we should do not the other way round. they make laws that restrict our rights,
they lock us up and enjoy our tax revenue. yet we feel this people should be
listening to us. we normally tell them, next election , we will not vote for
you.] Suntou.

And whose faults are you sharing?? I hope you don't think those are
God/Allah's faults.

[As for God ,the day he will ask us to give account, there will be no next
time.] Suntou.

Advice: Don't wait for the day of divine judgement. Judge on earth and
forgive or punish. Then let God/Allah do what She wills.

[this is why it is important that we don't make life more complicated than
it is. we all Believe in God. But we need to believe the correct way. we need
to prove that we believe by doing the bare minimum required of us. if you are
Muslims, pray the five daily prayers, fast during Ramadan, go for hajj in you
are capable, give zakat when you have the wealth. and firmly believe in The
uniqueness and oneness of god without any partner or lookalike, without any
concept that we are all gods or any thing like that.] Suntou.

The five pillars of Islam. Eemaan. I told you you are funny Suntou. The
moment I look away, you are right back where you began. I gotta watch yew.

[i will now continue on the holy men's issue. the marabouts, the seriegns,
the chernos.] Suntou.

I am not interested. They have their personal problems and deamons to deal
with.
Masoud. MQJGDT. Darbo. Al Mu'umin.

Haruna Darbo wrote:
In other words God/Allah is conducting research on his creation. Ergo, we
are only significant to her and NOT ourselves. What success are we working
toward ag
now coming to one of our brother, Lamin J Darboe, he is also a high
intelligent pain?????

I think brother Sidibeh is unto something Suntou. The Shaitan/devil is the
conflicts within Ourselves and not a countervailing force of divine research.

Haruna. I just remembered the landscape project is not quite complete. My
son has brought two key points to my attention. One is divine, and the other
is
process. I shall share them with you my friends under appropriate topic.

In a message dated 5/6/2008 5:47:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,