GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:49:57 +0100
Sister Jabou,

I agree that Yahya should be our focus now and all the time he remains
seated on that sweet presidentail chair. Yet Ebrima Ceesay's third posting
highlights yet again the probability that he has become a pawn in Abdoulie
Wadd's geopolitical chess game.  A former Cassamance rebel secretly records
Jammeh's anti-Wadd eruptrions, submits the tapes to the Senegalese and
eventually the said tape is rerun for Jammeh to expose to him that his
public embrace of Wadd as brother and friend is nothing more than fraudulent
doublespeak.

At that point Jammeh was in the diplomatic grip of the Senegalese. Question
is how high he would jump if they ask him to leap. Of course, the mansa of
Kanilai brought it all onto himself. But our problem is that this mansa is
also the President of the Gambia.
Yes, he would have picked at any straw to tuck NADD leaders away, being the
Dr.Yaahakat Komganarr he is (if Baaba Galleh Jallow would allow me). But
should the Senegalese provide him the matchstick by which to set alight our
nation? The harrowing nightmares of all democratic-minded Gambians, and the
untold agonies of the families of the incacerated leaders, and the
subsequential possibilities of violent confrontation seem all to have been
put in motion by a forged document that the Senegalese in pursuit of
realpolitik allowed President Jammeh to smell.

It just seems to me that even in our quest to sweep away our national APRC
rot, a line must be drawn between what is acceptable action instigated by a
foreign power, and what is not.

That I might take your response as a personal attack Sister Jabou? I am
thanking the stars for my good fortune. Just as you spelled it out to
Ebrima, I am only too glad to have been able to draw you into the mud once
more. Your contributions are needed on this list much more so than ever
before. I shall gladly welcome more "personal attacks" of that nature.

Cheers,
Sidibeh

.