GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bakary Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:53:29 +0000
Dear Mr Njie,

The following quoted statement is conditional. It wasn't therefore intended
as a conclusive assertion that you interpreted it to be.

The case of the Gambia's stolen millions lodged in a personal bank account
is no longer any mystery to us thanks to the former APRC's spokesman
decision to abscond with millions of $ withdrawn from the account and the
ensuing legal tussle between him and his MANSA.
The case was not an incident of 'guilty by suspicion', it is about sheer
betrayal of public trust involving a head of state who ascended the throne
in an underdevelopped poverty-afflicted country on an anti-corruption
platform. While his regime was busy prosecuting some memeber of the former
regime and affiliates for corruption, seizing their assets and proclaiming
that his country will be sustained by Allah's world bank, this notorious
leader was equally busy stashing away monies borrowed in the name of his
compatriots into a personal swiss bank account. The only miscalculation of
this unsincere leader which was a blessing to his country was to acquire the
confidence of a man (spokesman) who used to hail him as a prophet. The
spokesman used to worshipped the leader or Ali Baba to such an extent that
the latter entrusted him with the secrets of where some of the prized loot
is hidden. Eventually, the spokesman was granted the keys (access) to the
loot by Ali Baba. When he got to the loot he just helped himself to it with
as much as he wanted and then thought to himself:

'Suma chonoh jehh na
Suma chonoh jehh na

Nna Batah banta
Nna Batah banta

To hell with Ali Baba
to hell with Ali Baba
and his 39 thieves
the 40th is out'

The spokesman revealed a lot about the clandestine activities of Ali Baba
and his gang of murderers and looters; the latter labelled him 'Judas'.
The initial judgement is that Ali Baba and his 40th thief are both guilty of
defrauding the Gambian people of millions of US $ and therefore each is
sentenced to serve 1000 years in prison with no parole by 'Judge Better Must
Come' of the Peoples Court.

Lekbi, i meant no disrespect to you so accept my sincere apologies but stop
making yourself a self-appointed arbitrator on this forum who ignores the
facts.
I will now keep my promise not to discuss this matter again until new
evidence emerges.

The yoke of oppression must be shattered!

BMK