GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:33:32 -0400
Forwarding the message - TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD!
________________________________

IN THE FINAL HOUR, WHO WILL DECIDE! THOSE WHO CAST THE VOTES OR THOSE
WHO COUNT THE VOTES?

After a twelve years long stretch, the Gambian dilemma (as in the rest
of Africa) under the Jammeh regime can be summed up as thus: Jawara and
his P.P.P flunkies created a rubbish heap of 30 years; Jammeh and his
numbskull AFPRC-APRC were give money to clear the rubbish, instead they
cleared ("chop") the money and left the rubbish. The sticking point
question is who is going to clear the rubbish? It may sound as a simple
question but it should be the basis of the correct answer we give to
this question.

Let's be honest to ourselves, we the non-apologists to both regimes, PPP
and APRC. And for those who were in the PPP and currently the APRC, who
mustered the moral courage to admit to their blunders and crimes; be
honest with yourselves too.

Aside from the narrow selfish interests, all honest forces will agree
that we live in a "rubbish society". We have a "rubbish economy",  a
"rubbish political" system infested with mercenary judges at its
judiciary and even our "culture" is gradually being suffocated into a
"rubbish culture". Some of us have persistently refused to step out of
the rotten "comfort zones" of deaf, dumb and blind indifference to the
tyranny unleashed by Jammeh.

These are the reasons why one person, Yaya Jammeh has deluded himself
and his "sharers of crumbs" to believe that he owns GRTS (Gambia's radio
and TV), the banks, the roads, the ferries; god forbid it's true there
is OIL in the Gambia, that will be the final nail in the coffin to bury
the country into the abyss of misery. It is painfully annoying to allow
Jammeh to decide the fate of Gambia which he has turned into an absolute
"rubbish country".

We have engaged in 12 years of talk-fest, cyberspace mud slinging,
"deceptive patriotism" until Jammeh dangles the carrot in the form of a
job offer and the true character of these shameless blind patriots
reveals itself. Also worthy of mention is the disgusting silence of the
cowardly so called "Gambian intellectuals" who only discuss the Gambian
tragedy among themselves as if silence is a guarantee for their safety.
A serious malady has afflicted our societies where the persons we have
been conditioned to expect to know better (the religious leaders,
intellectuals and so called "kelefas") have turn out to be the most
unreliable sector of our communities. Unless we accept the diagnosis of
this disease (colonialism/neocolonialism) and apply the appropriate
treatment, we will be forever doomed in misery.

The correct and appropriate treatment is REVOLUTION, not the demonic
disregard for human life that Foday Sankor, Charles Taylor and Yaya
Jammeh engage in and maliciously called it "revolution". We must reclaim
the word and the process to make a REVOLUTION to assure our existence
and livelihood without any apologies. Those who directly participate in
the makings of our misery want to make revolution illegal when it comes
to us Africans but always invoke revolution to bring about constant
changes in their societies while we wallow in abject impoverishment.

Finally, this is the moment for the Gambian youth (African); those under
30 years of age to come into the process for revolutionary change. You
must organize for the future and not be like the majority of your
cowardly fathers and uncles who always use "family responsibilities" to
justify their participation in the corrupt and oppressive African
regimes that are suffocating African life. Notice I did not mention your
mothers and aunts, for if they ever unleash their fury against the
misery of their children as a mighty force for revolution, nothing can
hold us back.

If you are not yet convinced that Jammeh never gives a damn about the
youth nor the rest of Gambian society then we are in deep rubbish. The
future is ours, it does not hinge on AFPRC-APRC and Jammeh's victory
instead it depends on his defeat which will create a breathing space for
a new beginning in our beloved country.

It will be sheer waste of energy to write at length about Jammeh's IEC,
our confidence is on the Gambian people who will express their
discontent in the Jammeh regime by voting NADD. Whatever the outcome of
these elections; the genuine REVOLUTION must take place. Prepare for a
proud-future Gambia.

                VOTE NADD! VOTE NADD! VOTE NADD!

                            AFPRC-APRC MUST GO!

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい