GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:58:02 EDT
Basically, I agree with all the suggestions of what to include in the
petition, and especially Alpha's suggestion to include all those detained
along with Dumo, as well as mention previous cases.
I will further suggest that we also look at dissemminating this petition to
some of the newspapers Worldwide because if the general populace in different
countries become aware of what is going on, they can have an imput by
contacting their representives to put pressure on their respective
governments to act.
Some of the websites cited by Katim in a previous post have detailed lists of
newspapers, etc that can be contacted. Perhaps we can also prepare a press
release for this purpose, and Kabir, after all the signatures have been
collected, I will be glad to help disseminate to some of the sources
mentioned.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 7/17/00 7:28:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,