GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:57:15 EST
Soffie,
I certainly agree with you. This issue is so sensitive to a lot of people and
I can see why it is been blown out of proportion. Alpha made a lot of sense
in what he said. He talked about the kind of people who we have in our
society. Saul made an observation and requested a clarification. Some might
have a problem the way he put his words. I think it would be better for the
people if we talk about our problems and not just hide them because some of
us who are born by parents of different ethnic groups feel uncomfortable when
it is discussed.
Tribalism is alive in the Gambia as in any parts of this world. And
discrimination is the same in all its aspects as long as it is against a
particular group of people/society. So ladies and gentlemen, why don't we all
move forward and discuss the reality instead of sweeping it under the carpet.
Yes, I am born of parents of different tribes, but do not tell me that
politicians do not try to explore what ever they could to get what they want.
Of course there are exceptions, but to say that because some feel
uncomfortable discussing it and it should not be is nonsense too.
I am sorry if I offend anyone, but this is my personal opinion and meant not
to.

Ousman Jallow Bojang.