GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
edrissa njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 14:14:16 -0000
Brothers,
I my humble view, we all seem to be dancing around the the main issue. I
recall the a submission from Bro Yus Jow sometime ago about 'The Death of
Tourism'. Frankly, I think he should have better entitled it 'The Death of
the Development in The Gambia'. Our nation's progress and development turned
300 degrees with the cration of the Armed Forces which we should NEVER
FORGIVE SIR D.K. JAWARA. That was the begining of our woes and we will NEVER
SEE THE LIGHT UNTIL WE DIS-BAN (TO SAY THE LEAST)our useless, expensive and
UNNECESSARY Armed Forces and regain our RIGHTFUL PLACE in the civilized
world. All these theories and philosopies will not get us anywhere. YAYA AND
THE APRC WILL RIG THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! As one of
the organizers of the first ADL (check the centre page of JET in the early
70s), we talked a lot about BLACK POWER AND RETURN TO DEVELOP MOTHER
AFRIKA!!!!. I can tell you Brothers/Sisters very few of us turned out to be
worthy professionals LET ALONE returned to serve our dear continent albiet
for some years. One thing is certain, Sir D.K. JAWARA greatest mistake was
the creation of the Army which led to the birth of THE YAYAS., THE SIGATEHS,
THE EBOU JALLOWS,THE Ltd MENDYS ET AL. LET US STRIVE TO HAVE A GAMBIA DEVOID
OF MILITARISM AND ALL ITS ASSOCIATES. My (shall I say son) Yusu Jow's
posting is very relevant . Please permit me to repost it for a second
reading.
Subject:      Re: The death of Tourism (Addendum)