GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emmanuel N'Dow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:41:02 PST
Malafy Jarju <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Governor Bush was recently quoted saying: "At some point in time, the
President has got to clearly define what the national strategic interests are,
and while  Africa may be important, it doesn't fit into the national trategic
interests, as far as I can see them."

Folks, as far as I'm concerned, this Bush guy will not be good for Africa.  I
have already sent a letter of protest to his campaign headquaters and hope
others do so. We should all vote for Vice President Gore.

Mailing Address:
Bush for President
P.O. Box 1902
Austin, Texas 78767-1902
Phone:  (512)637-2000

Mafy, this is one of the reasons a lot of naturalized citizens will not vote
for Bush. Historically, republicans had no use for Africa and judging from G.
W's supporters, Africa is not a priority. Remember, the republican congress
critisize the cost of the President's trip to Africa; also part of their deep
hatred for the President, is his close ties to minorities especially his
statement that he found strenght during the impeachment trial by listening to
Nelson Mandela. Ronald Reagan never had a good policy towards Africa as a
matter of fact, the witholding of U.S dues to the U.N began with Reagan. It
was Reagan who pulled the U.S from UNESCO and they'll still out despite
reforms they demanded and the retirement of Baboucarr Mbowe. I suspect any
protest will only fall on dead ears. Send them in anyway, all of us should.
Daddy Sang