GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:23:55 -0400
Jubilations about the arrival of a third generator in The Gambia just goes
to show how inept this government is. Had Yaya NOT stolen more than thirty
million dollars from our people to open Swiss Bank Accounts, our electricity
problems would have been solved since 1995. Now the vermin and his cohorts
(like Joseph Joof) are pretending as if Yaya (through his generosity) is
giving the Gambians a generator.

Well, I got news for the knuckleheads that think that the generators are a
God-sent. Thanks to Yaya’s corruption during the bidding for the purchase of
these generators, the Taiwanese are now cutting off Gambia. It is reliably
learnt that bribes changed hands during the procurement of these generators
forcing Yaya to purchase these generators without having an internationally
recognized bidding process. Needless to say, the Taiwanese (who have
received heavy criticism for bankrolling corrupt regimes like Yaya’s) were
NOT happy with how Yaya made a deal to buy the generators. So Yaya’s final
hopes have been dashed. No more dollars from Taiwan.

Clearly, the moron lied when he said that he was going to electrify 98% of
the country before July 22, 2001. They CANNOT even electrify 98% of the
urban area. The joke in town is that every locality is part of the 2% that
was NOT electrified. But this is just one illustration of Yaya saying
something that he knows he CANNOT deliver on. What happened to
accountability, transparency and probity? The man is a pathological liar.
Now all they got are these gimmicks to try and win them votes. But Gambians
know better. The ten thousand dollars Yaya dish out to people will also NOT
do the trick. All that does is put the question in the minds of Gambians:
‘How come Yaya is so rich, in a matter of seven years?’ The answer is
simple. The vermin went in there to loot our coffers. He is holding the
country hostage so that he and his cohorts can open huge Swiss Bank accounts
at the expense of the poor people in Gambia. Yaya held a gun to the Gambian
people so that he can afford to send his wife abroad on private jets to go
to America to have a child.

Any legitimate government with the loans the AFPRC/APRC have saddled our
country with can electrify the whole country in less than three months. With
the millions of dollars that came into that country after these morons took
over, we should be exporting electricity to Senegal. We should certainly NOT
be making fools of ourselves dancing in the streets celebrating the arrival
of a generator. Shame on Yaya and his cohorts.
KB