GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:20:55 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/03 11:41:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> "This is one classical case that supports the argument for the
> separation of church and state in a liberal society.
> The real Imam Fatty is a demagogue and a closet fundamentalist
> terrorist cum Bin Ladin."
> ///////////

Ebou,

The argument for separating church and state should be directed to the person
you are trying to woo, namely Jammeh who was the one who built a mosque at
state house and made Imam Fatty the Imam there. He never had any issues with his
sermons until now.
Secondly, if Fatty is a fundamentalist ala Bin Laden as you say here, it was
also Jammeh who made him the Imam at the mosque Jammeh built at state house,
and he has given many sermons in supoort of Jammeh from that same mimbar
(pulpit) so he must be Jammeh's personal Bin Laden.
Now that he has criticized Jammeh, he will do with him the same thing he has
done to many other despots when he is finished with them or when they do not
fit into his current plans but people never seem to learn. Now that Jammeh is
trying to make a case of fighting terrorism so he can lay his hands on some
American money,Gambians watch out, everyone will be labelled a terrorist, and you
Ebou,  are working over time to help him in that cheap effort.
Frankly,  the whole thing is comical, and very representative of the
unintelligent and simplistic methods he has always employed in these criminal games.
Jammeh was preaching Islam when he thought it would get him money from the
muslim states, especially Libya with whom this regime was in cohoots until they
had a falling out with Moamar Kadafi.
I think by now we are all well aware that this regime will dance to the tune
of whoever they think is a source of money and invent whatever story they deem
necessary to accomplish that, even if it means accusing the very characters
they created.
Unfortunately, Imam Fatty has become excess baggage to Jammeh in his quest to
get U.S dollars if he can convince the Americans  he is fighting terrorism.

Jabou Joh