GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:23:24 PDT
Katim wrote,

My own take on Tombong's posting revolves around a few issues.  First, he
said:

The Secretary of Sate for
the Interior denied the fact that the armed forces used live bullets.  The
Commission of Enquiry that will be set up to investigate this  event will
verify this.

I find the above statement either at best confusing, and at worst indicating
that the Sec. of State for the Interior is out of his mind by denying a
"fact."  So which is which, Tombong.  Please tell us whether the above was a
typo, or a statement of the state of the mental health of our Sec. of State
of the Interior.

Katim,

Personally i beleive that live bullets were used by the security forces, so
the above is not a typo.

PEACE

TOMBONG