GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:36:40 EDT
Ousman:

I took a well deserved break from computer related activities this weekend
but this did not prevent me from reading all e-mail from the L via my
web-enabled phone.  To say that I am disappointed by the rhetoric you have
been spouting of late, would be an understatement.

Your actions, brother, are very closely approach the dangerous precipices of
treachery and deceptiveness.  Your overt jubilation and 'I told you so
attitude,' resulting from the Opposition's failure to reach a more wide
reaching Alliance, really speaks volumes about the type of insidious position
you have taken all along as it relates to the struggle we have here.

An example of your insidious position as it relates to the struggle is
evidenced by the fact that all along you claimed all along to be a
fence-sitter or one that is neutral and impartial.  However, your actions of
late have proved that you are not a fence-sitter.  Instead, you have openly
rejoiced here on the Opposition's woes.  This is not what is expected of a
fence-sitter.

You might claim that the inclusion of the PPP in the Alliance is the reason
for your current position but this not a valid excuse in my opinion.  You
might flail, kick and/or scream about this all you want, but the honest truth
is that, depute all the wrongs of the PPP, they look like angels when their
reign is compared to that of the APRC.

This boils down to a fight between good and evil; supporting the Alliance or
any other Opposition party is akin to being on the side of good, whereas
supporting the APRC is equivalent to endorsing an evil regime which has
looted our coffers, mismanaged everything and killed innocent Gambian,
including kids.  Whose side are you on, Ousman Jallow Bojang?

I shall not begin to speculate why you chose to adopt this modus operandi, a
closet Jammeh supporter who claimed neutrality, but it surely does no credit
to your integrity in my eyes.

- Thanks