GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 05:28:09 PDT
Hi Ebrima,
As you clearly stated in the first part of your response to the silly
insinuations by the Independent Editors, it is true that"our views are as
pertinent and as vital as anyone else's", regardless of where we are-be it
at home or abroad.

  It seems Baba Galleh is harbouring some form of complex against those of
us who are living in the West. This is rather sad for as you stated, living
in the West could even be harder.  Some of us do all kinds of jobs to
survive.  We face all kind of difficulties-racism etc yet we take it in our
stride, all in the name of 'jomm'. We carry a much heavier responsibility
for we are always afraid of failing. Ebrima, Baba Galleh carries a 'chip' on
his shoulder.  He never impressed me.

  Ebrima, at least Baba Galleh was lucky enough to be sponsored by the
Gambian tax payer to go to FBC.  You and many of us never had the luxury.
Ebrima, history shall be the judge of the truth.  Let Baba delude himself in
assuming that his battle is nobler just because he happens to be on the
'ground'.

Rather than debating in an informed manner that befits a genuine journalist,
he took things personal. THe 10 points you stated are simply the truth.

Keep up the good work. Waiting anxiously for the second part of your
response to the Independent.

Cherno Baba Jallow:Bravo for the good work.  Keep it up. Is this the same
Cherno Baba Jallow who wrote that excellent article for the NEW AFRICAN
magazine some time ago?

Let us focus our energies on our common enemy-Buffoon Y. Jammeh.  Baba you
are welcome on board.  Did they shake you with the citizenship thing for
you to become a praise singer for the APRC?  Maybe the Independent should
dedicate an issue to the plight of our brother DUMO SAHO and others?

May peace and prosperity befall my beloveth Gambia and Africa,
Long live the truth.

Mboge