GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alieu Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:45:10 -0000
Dear All,

Some news just in from the High Court that Lawyer Darboe and his supporters who have been accused of killing an APRC supporter in Basse have been acquitted and discharged as ruled by Justice Tahir.The state has 14 days to file an appeal. I think this is a victory for justice and democracy.

The High Court also gave an injunction yesterday for the four opposition National Assembly members to be allowed unfettered into the National Assembly, after their seats have been unilaterally declared vacant by the Clerk( in what many believed was a directive from the AG`s Chambers).

Good Day!!!!

Alieu