GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:04:04 -0400
Sidibeh bro,

Thanks very much for the effort, timing and unbiased reflection of a very
candid personal experience/reflection. You've earned more of my respect
once again.

I'll however like to mention, in passing, the fact that many an observer
could have done a similar presentation of what their experiences in Gambia
have been but would not for the simple reason that, you had a minority of
people who were determined to condition all and sundry into this "If you
are not with me, you are against me". In my opinion, this is most
unfortunate as it prevents a lot of people from contributing the little
they know or think for fear of being rediculed. Please keep it coming and
like, Jawara and Sidibeh advised earlier, please consider turning your
narative into a book or something similar. I am sure if you consider it
further and discuss it with former comrades, you would come up with more
materials to help us, the younger ones, to connect some of the things
happening before us.

Have a good day and thanks very much, Gassa.

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)