GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:32:54 +0100
HARUNA ,the situation is really sad for yahya .what good is power if it brings you no peace ?
  the secret police or agents always exert control over the leaders through this crazy method of making them paranoid and insecure ,that way they are always important and needed .they also play with the leaders mind,they know all his secrets and he knows nothings about them.
  if you look at it carefully yahya is not incharge ,the shadows are in charge.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Galleh,

Thanks for sharing. I am so sick and tired of journalists being arrested for
flimsy reasons. I mean the replacement, or imminence thereof, of officials
is hardly even newsworthy much less a state secret. I also wish to advise
journalists to think a little bit about articles before rushing to publish. My
God, its not as if they don't know the difference between an event and a rumour.

Men. I plead with Yahya to temper the heavy-hand of the NIA. And while I'm
here, I make a personal plea on the behalf of Fatou Jaw Manneh for her release
and all charges dropped. Jesus Christ. Don't these people have more important
things to do? I mean the NIA. What value would they be serving Yahya when
they arrest every citizen who coughs or sneezes. Their obsession with omissions
and errors will actually make them miss the real criminals. Goodness
gracious!!!! How can Yahya concentrate on National development when the NIA keeps
making him paranoid like this? They are not doing Yahya or Gambia any good.

Haruna. This is sickening.