GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:30:18 -0400
I welcome news that the illegal government we have back home has finally
seen some sense and is willing to withdraw the case they were pursuing
against our children that participated in the demonstrations on April 10 and
11, 2000. We are happy that jail time will no longer be hanging over the
shoulders of those children. This further victimization of the victims is
insane. I hope to receive final word that the government in fact kept its
word and formally withdrew the appeal. No one can trust these vermin.

This is the same case wherein Pap Cheyassin Secka and his green lawyers were
routed in Mam Yassin Sey's court by legal luminaries like Ousman Sillah. The
fact of the matter is, the government does not have legs to stand on in this
case. Plus they are dealing with a Gambian judge (as opposed to those
foreigners) who has a conscience. This woman will not sell her soul like
despicable characters like Joseph Joof and the Chief Justice that sat in
that bogus Commission of Inquiry; and cowards like Ousman Jammeh that is so
scared to read the law books and exercise his powers adequately. The
government knows that they cannot win this case against the victims.

This is all a PR gimmick. Their problem is that they can no longer justify
persecuting our children while the trigger happy animals that murdered our
children are roaming the streets of Banjul scot-free. Joseph Joof must have
mustered the courage to explain to Yaya how hopeless the government's case
was against our children. Then Sedat Jobe and Sarjo Jallow must have come in
to tell the moron that it does not look good to cuddle a hopeless case
against our children while calling for murderers be forgiven.

We see through their gimmicks. As I told them when the Commission Report was
released and Pap Cheyassin Secka came up with his diabolical quid pro quo,
we are not going to trade Gamtel and GRTS installations with the lives of
our children. Even if they had a strong case against the children, their
none prosecution of the children, is not going to make people stop calling
for the murderers to accept responsibility and face justice. But they do not
even have a case against the children. So, this latest scheme is not going
to do the trick. The case (or lack thereof) against the children is NOT a
bargaining chip that can offset the case against Yaya and his cohorts.
Apples and oranges. It is Gamtel and GRTS installations versus 14 lives of
innocent and defenseless children.
KB