GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:31:31 -0000
Guys, Guys, Guys,

I didn't mean to give anyone a heart attack. For years now, I have been, I
am today, and I'll remain a committed member of the movement that seeks to
install fairness, justice and decency in our body politics. Yaya Jammeh and
his people are at the opposite end of that ideal. In short, like they say in
street lingo here "me and Yaya Jammeh don't mix." I just happen to have a
personal belief that "even pathological liars do tell the truth sometimes."
So, I don't see any harm in giving them the little credit coming to them.

If the Jammeh camp is jubilating about my use of "very progressive" in
describing the cases I commended them for, they're in for a rude awakening.
The fact is, I haven't really replied to Mr. Jobe's submission. I was just
clearing some things for Brother KB, who has been my personal voice on this
forum for quite a while now. I still have very high regards for KB, and
except for the cases I've cited, I concur with his rebuttal of Mr. Jobe's
piece. Most of the questions I intend to ask Mr. Jobe are in fact a build-up
on the points KB has highlighted. So, I didn't mean to cause any disarray in
the ranks of the opposition. I remain a loyal member. I know my
indefatigable Brother KB Dampha will understand that "great minds don't
always think alike" (excuse my pretense.) I thank Brothers Hamjatta, Kujabi,
and George for their critiques. It's all taken in good faith. We're still
all on the same side.

Saul.

Hamjatta,
  I admire your thought process. Almost everything you wrote here amplifies
my exact sentiments. I'm going to be very brief since I got my hands full
with other pressing issues but I simply couldn't desist from butting in