GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:53:53 CEST
Well Elhajj,

When Saul Khan referred KB to this posting I had to dig it up and reread it
myself since I had lost everything on my pc sometime back. I guess the
reason why you couldn't find it yourself on the archives is because it was
posted with a different address from that which I am subscribed to the L
now.

You just have to take a look at any Gambian language/culture and the way
almost all our utterances/behaviour are associated, one way or the other
with God and his powers and you'll understand that you would be alienating
almost a whole population by divorcing God from their daily trials and
tribulations and the search for solutions.

Jammeh, being the Satanic man that he is, understands God's position in the
hearts and minds of Gambians and has tried to employ religious opportunism
to win the support of the the Muslims (the majority)in a society that has
probably been, and by the Grace of God, shall continue to be the most
religious tolerant society in the whole world.

As for the solution to our problem, the search for a solution must not stop
at exocising this evil man from our midst; Though I am not well versed in
religious matters, I have argued here and elsewhere, that I just cannot
understand how a man like Mandela can ever fail to go to heaven! Just take a
look at all that this man has sacrificed! And has it not been said that God
can forgive man all sins committed on earth except those sins committed
against his fellow man?

In my search for the truth I am at that stage where I have come to believe
that fighting for justice and alleviating the suffering on the poor on earth
is even more endeering to God than for example, performing The Hajj!

For, remember he has promised to forgive us our sins. Mother Theresa, I am
sure if she had ever sinned against a fellow human, must have left this
world with her luggage full of good deeds that would make any angel feel
highly privileged to receive her in heaven. The same can be said of Gandhi,
Malcolm, Biko, and all those people who have sacrificed worldly/material
things for the inner pleasures that they enjoy by reconciling their
consciences with the teachings of any randomly chosen religion, except
Satanism. Of course, we all know now that Jammeh is Satanist!

Read Gandhi on the Hindu Gita and you'll have an understanding of what I'm
trying to say. Instead of just reading these people for entertainment
purposes, we should always strive to emulate their good deeds. Being the man
of God that you are Elhajj, I hope you will not castigate me for making the
comparison above. I can assure you that I performed my morning prayers
before leaving home today.

Regards,

Kabir.