GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:20:10 -0800
               BY Mass R.O Cham

It is with outrage and disappoontment that I hear about the arrest of the
opposition leaders in the Gambia. This is ultimately showing the
international communitee that the Jammeh undemocratic and malicious
government is on rampage. After all the efforts of the opposition to find
a peaceful solution to the Gambia- senegal border crisis, which the Jammeh
Government stupidly escalated, they are being denied their right to oppose
a government of fools

  All the Gambians know very well that the ultimate goal of the Jammeh
government is to discredit the opposition especially Mr Halifa Sallah
who has undoubtedly earned enomous respect among Gambians. Jammeh let me
inform you that we Gambians are not fools and we are  able to
differenciate a right and a wrong. Jammhe was it not your Government
that opened its big mouth to the whole world to bluff about Gambian
Suvereignity.

  Why am I not surprised? Dictator Jammeh has oppenly said that some
people will not witness the 2006 elections in the Gambia. Let me remind
Jammeh that the international community is watching and your malicious
and scary utterances have been circulated in the international
community. Jammeh you have controlled the biggest part of the media in
the Gambia but let me inform you that, you are not even near a religious
leader much more talking about the Almighty Allah. The almighty will
always give us a means to utter our grieviances against your gullible
goverment

  Jammeh  we Gambians are fed up with you. You cannot forcibily rule us.
we deserve our constitutional right to democcratically remove you from
power. considerng the way things are going right now, the international
communitte should expect the 2006 elections to be manipulated by your
government.Mr. dictator let me remind you that if cooperation cannot
work, confrontation will surely do. We Gambians are ready to protect our
democartic rights and will not let any fool take it from us.

  Mr. dictator you should desist from calling yourself a Muslim, because
you are not even near one. We Gambian are ready to shift from being mare
spectators to your dubious deeds to be real opposition to them. Come
2006, you will be out and all efforts to indemnify you will be
challenged to the highest level.

  Finally, i want to remind the religious leaders to desist from being
popets to Jammeh. How can you allow yourself to be manipulated by such a
pagan. You know very well that Jammhe has no characteristics of a
muslim. I expected all of you to denounce him and his malicious threat
after leaving the state house on the Eid day. Act as muslim leaders.
Jammhe being the head of state does not mean that he should not be told
the truth. Are you our religious leaders for the shake of the Almighty
Allah or for the shake of Jammeh? Be reminded that, truth is bitter but
it will always set us free.

  Long live the Gambia

  MROC