GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baboucarr jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:37:04 -0400
Folks,

Now that the political temperature of our motherland has reached a record
level,we must be aware of deligent elements in the crusade peddling
distorted information and thesis in order to breed an atmostphere of
confusion within our ranks.This in fact is been compounded by the varying
and conflicting signals we have been receiving from Gambia of late.Faced
with such a precarious situation,our ambition  and chances of decapitating
the dictatorship isn't only going to be a roller-coaster ride but a fiasco.

In the spirit of the above,I humbly urge folks to exercise restraint
especially in making dissenting conclusions.Bringing about a coalition of
all the political parties which I suppose all of us are yearning for is not
an easy ride.This unquestionably is the only medication for the APRC
syndrome.It is regretable at this crucial point in the nation's history that
the effort(s) to bring all the opposition parties under one umbrella is been
hi-jacked.

In our quest to find out what is responsible for this mishap,the confusion
and division widens unfortunately as days pass by.Just as everyone does;that
is mount his/her own investigation,I did mine too by having a telephone
conversation with Lawyer Darbo.I raised most of the frustration/points of
Jabou, Jassey-Conteh,SM Dibba,PDOIS and others with Darbo.All the claims
were refuted by him.Thus the situation is delicate at this point in time
given the fact that different signals are coming from the other side of the
aisle.

To conclude, I humbly appeal to folks to mount a thorough investigation of
issues on the ground before drawing their own conclusions or jumping ship.We
need unity,not confusion and division in achieving our ultimate goal.So help
us God.

Jobs.