GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:40:05 EST
Brother Sheikh Tejan,

Thanks for the info. The person who called me around noon Gambia time today
just said that they thought Eid would be tomorrow in Gambia. Was today the
29th day of fsating over there? Yes, this is always a controversy all over
the World, and l think something should be done to address it.We are told
that the Prophet (SAS) said that we either sight the moon at 29 days and have
Eid, or count 30 days in the event we do not see it. Seems like that should
take care of it, but l guess human beings are hard to satisfy.
 l thought all of the muslims in Nashville turned up for Salatul Eid at
Tennessee State University's  Gentry auditorium today since it was so full,
some of the brothers had to go up on the track to make room, but l just spoke
to some muslims who told me that they are  praying tomorrow.May Allah bring
the Ummah to a concensus on this issue.
Eid Mubarak for Sunday then, and you know the Faal's ( my mothers) will never
loose their cool due to fasting since they are true Ibadullah.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 1/7/00 6:18:38 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]