GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou karim sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:00:45 +0000
Ebrima Ceesay, you and your source miss the point. I want to make
clarification that City Limited FM currently on testing on 93.6 FM is
not own by Yaya Jammeh or APRC party. The Radio Station is owned by my
personal friend by the name Alagie P O Njie and his partner Bryan Smith.
Alagie Njie had lived in Europe for 15 years. He worked hard for the
station and  have employed Aziz Willan as Station manager because of his
experience in the media business.
Ebrima, I want to let you know that this station have no political
affiliation. The only support from the government as I was aware of, was
the provision os license  under the name:- City Limited Company to
operate under non partisan base. The station came under existence mainly
to support Gambian youths especially the budding rap groups, musical
troops and youths. In the beginning the proposed site for the station
was either Brufut or Tanji where Alagie have properties but due to lack
power supply that proposal did failed.
It is unfortunate that such article was published by a mature and
responsible scholar without cross checking. It seems on the issue of
City Limited FM you don't do your home work. The article is sensational
and have no element of truth.
The station is the brainchild of Algae Njie and Bryan Smith with no bank
loan.Your source don't know nothing about the station and should not be
associated with Jammeh's discrimination or acts. Please apologize!