GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:25:57 -0000
Dampha, you are entitled to views and as much as I don't subscribe to them,
I will refrain from calling you names over them but would instead try to
point out my own perspective.

You wrote:
"What you do not realize is that some of us are not losers. We do not need a
government job in order to live a better life-style. Tombong did not have a
house, a good job and a family while he was in the U.S. Yaya improved
Tombong's life. Moved him from an 'efficiency apartment' on the lower side
of 16th Street, to a house in the upper side. Some of us are already living
under those conditions (or better) and we are not doing so at taxpayers'
expense".

You see the above has no relevance as far as I am concern. The lifestyle you
are enjoying, am sure is different from what the majority of us enjoy here.
So does our opinions. The sort of extremist views and vulgar language that
you expect us to swallow hook, line and sinker is what I find disgusting and
immature.

As for whether I can survive without my present job, well that's for me to
know and for you to find out. As a qualified engineer, I guess my chances
are very high even in the US.

Bye 4Now, KB Jobe.