GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:42:09 +0000
Baba, thanks for extending this tragic assault at the Independent Newspaper.
  Folks, this is very serious and we have to do whatever we can to come to
the aid of the Independent Newspaper for it is the only source of news from
Gambia for us in the Diaspora.  If anyone is interested in exploring ways to
help the independent press, please send me a private mail.  There is
something we can do to play our part.  Thanks for your consideration in this
matter.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: "Baba Galleh Jallow" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [>-<] INDEPENDENT BRUTALLY ATTACKED
>Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:54:51 -0400 (EDT)
>
>[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Baba Galleh Jallow"
>

>Dear Friends,
>More tragic news from home. The offices of The Independent newspaper were
>late last night brutally attacked by three unknown persons. Though details
>of the attack are still sketchy, three unidentified men brutally beat up
>the security guard at the premises, smahed the office windows, poured
>petrol all over the place and set it on fire. Fortunately, they were
>unable to get into the building because of the timely intervention of more
>security officers from the private security firm, Uncle Sam's Security.
>They however succeeded in burning everything outside the office including
>the electricity meter. Obviously, their aim was to torch the whole
>building. And obviously, there is no asking who is responsible for this
>dastardly act. But as we always say, All Power Belongs To God and as an
>offended party, we seek immediate divine retribution and justice. We are
>confident we will see this soon enough.
>
>Baba

>------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------
>http://www.gambiapost.net/newspaper
>©2002 Our Guiding Principle : "Va, pensiero", "Let thought(s) fly forth"

Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam